All of the majors below are available in the College of Arts and Sciences, along with many more – from Physics to Philosophy and Musical Theatre to Astronomy. The College offers a great range of academic opportunities.
Majors, minors, + certificates
Like puzzles and analysis?
- Game Design
- Computational Linguistics
- Geography (GIS and Remote Sensing)
- Economics: Economics majors can become market research analysts, tapping the knowledge of industry trends to assess how products or services might fare under various economic conditions. Statistics majors find employment as account managers, researchers, actuaries, financial analyst, and venture capitalists.
Interested in applied science?
- Environment and Sustainability Studies (jointly with O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs)
- Speech, Hearing and Language Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
Have an artistic eye?
- Comprehensive Design
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design: Sample careers for interior design majors: Amusement and theme park designer, product designer for development and marketing, hotel and resort design.
See yourself in the world of global communications?
- Media, with concentrations in Media Advertising, Media Management, Industry and Policy, or Sports Media
- Creative Writing
Want to pursue civics, law, + policy?
- Political Science
- Criminal Justice: Criminal justice students go on to work in law enforcement and justice in positions such as fraud investigators, counterterrorism experts, crime analysts, or blood spatter technicians. Specialists in computer forensics and cybersecurity will find that these are growing fields for combating transnational crime.
- Political and Civic Engagement (PACE) certificate
Have a business sensibility?
- Apparel Merchandising
- Liberal Arts Management Program
- Psychology of Business certificate